Return Policy and Guidelines
Home Works for Books intends to help you obtain the curriculum that best fits your lifestyle, teaching style, and your child’s needs. If you have an issue with your order or items, please review our return policy and contact us to initiate a return. All items returned to us indicate you reviewed this policy and are accepting the terms of our policy and guidelines listed below.
- We will accept:
- an item with or without original packaging if unused (no writing on or inside of book) and undamaged (no tears, rips, missing pages, water damage) returned within 45 calendar days of purchase. Once 45 calendar days from purchase have passed, we will not accept returns or exchanges, only offer store credit via digital gift card.
- Exceptions include sensory bins, games, and toys. These are not returnable.
- Any items returned after the 45 calendar day period must have proof of purchase and be reviewed. If accepted by us, you will only receive store credit.
- We will not accept:
- Items without proof of purchase.
- Items returned after the 45 calendar day policy even if unopened, unused, and undamaged; unless for store credit.
- Used lab kits, as some lab kits contain hazardous materials, flammable solutions, perishable ingredients, and non-reusable items.
- Any hazardous materials and flammable solutions.
- Sensory bins passed 2 calendar days from purchase.
- Any games or toys.
- Gift cards; both digital and physical, if any.
- Books with obvious damage or use.
- CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, vinyl records that have been opened.
- Any item not in original condition, damaged, or has missing parts not due to our error.
- Downloadable software products
- The use of our policy to commit theft against us.
When you initiate a return, please send us an e-mail so we are aware and expect to receive it. Once received by us, the exterior and interior of the return parcels and the individual items are photographed or video-taped for both our (Home Works for Books) and your (the customer’s) interest. We will inspect item(s) returned and will correspond with you on whether it is within our policy and guidelines and if it is accepted or denied. All returns are subject to partial refunds.
Guidelines on How to Return Your Items:
- Again, it is important to protect your return with proper shipping supplies. You may use the parcel (box or bubble mailer) the order initially arrived in if it’s in good condition and secured well with packaging tape. Any damage to the returned product during transit back to our warehouse is your (the customer) responsibility and will disqualify or reduce your refund. Help us help you and PROTECT THE ITEMS to protect your refund.
- We suggest taking a photo or video of the interior and exterior of your parcel and item to assure proper packaging in the event we receive your return damaged by transit.
- Do not send your purchase to the publisher as they have no record of your order. Please send your return to:
Returns Department, Home Works for Books
1298 N. 1135 Rd.
Lawrence, KS 66047
- Please include a receipt, proof of purchase, or an order slip with your return.
- If returning Math-U-See products (specifically Level Up or Universal Sets), the card for the digital textbook must be with the books; if not returned this will affect your refund.
- You may use any postal service, but we recommend one that has tracking and sufficient insurance. This will be considered with your order costs for refund as well, but not guaranteed, and is based on the condition of the return. Unless the error originated from us.
Again, once received by us, the exterior and interior of the return parcels and the individual items are photographed or video-taped for both our (Home Works for Books) and your (the customer’s) interest. We will inspect item(s) returned and will correspond with you on whether it is within our policy and guidelines and if it is accepted or denied. All returns are subject to partial refunds.
Refunds are determined by the condition the item is returned to us; please see the return policy and guidelines for clarification. Your refund will be applied to your original method of payment. The refund may take up to 7-10 business days to show on your account.
Items bought with cash at conferences or conventions that are returned within the 45 calendar day period, can be refunded via check, Paypal, and Venmo.
Automatic No Refunds:
We at Home Works for Books strive to help you educate your child and do not wish to be unfair at any time, however some previous customers have treated us or our items unfairly thus reducing the quality of them and affecting their value. See reasons for automatic no refunds below.
- If you order a book in new condition and return a book of the same kind and edition that is used and damaged (basically not the same book we sent), this is theft. You will not be refunded, and your account will be in review. If there are multiple incidents of this from your account, you will be banned from ordering from then on.
- Any item received by our warehouse that is not in protective packaging and becomes damaged in transit. i.e. an order received in a plastic grocery bag sealed with tape OR a box larger than the item without proper space fillers.
Furthermore, return theft and lack of protecting our products/items is a breach of our return policy and guidelines. If we find that you dispute charges for our products with your bank after receiving your order or no/partial refund being granted after return, this is also theft and we will ban your account from making future orders.
If you have questions about our Return Policy and Guidelines, please e-mail us at: [email protected]